It is about two hours since I reached home from I-Bridge Camp 2005. This year it was held in Tapah, Perak. There were about 60++ campers this year compared to last year's 100? I'm guessing that the venue of the camp had a part to play with the number of campers. I have not been to this campsite before and as much as I love hiking, jungle trekking and stream-trotting, I don't think I was estatic about the facilities and venue. Nevertheless, camp was AWESOME!
It has been more than a year since I have gone for a Christian camp. I was determined to go for this one, leeches or not, because I miss the fellowship of Christian peers and friends so much. This year has not been an easy one. I did not think that adjusting myself to home would be so difficult. I was (still am) struggling so hard to decide what I should do with my life - work, relationships, church and ministry.
Just before camp, I was convinced that I did not have what it takes to work in one of the Big Fours. I did not think that I was fit for the 'rat race'. Yet, one of the camp speakers, Dr. Sam Ong, correctly pointed out something that changed my perspective. He said that work is actually something God WANTS us to do. God Himself worked when he created the world and likewise, I should too!
And we all need to work to earn a living, yes, Christians included. Also, work is a form of worship to God, so we must strive to do our best and not just 'enough'. So now, I will no longer be spoilt and wish for a job that pays well and requires minimum effort, but I will work hard and be an 'intellectual Christian'! Pray for me! =)
Camp was awesome also because we managed to go stream-trotting and played captain ball despite the rain! That was cool! These are things I enjoy so much yet am deprived of. BoohoooOOoo..
But yes, thanks everyone, for making this camp so meaningful and special! Like Deborah, I really appreciate the sincerity and honesty we all share. No doubt there was not enough time to know everyone, but to those I met, thank you for your friendship and sincerity. Ultimately, thank You Lord, for giving us this family in Christ! Sorry, this is really long but I've still got more to say about camp. Read on if you are still interested. =)
The sharing at the end was magnificent. It was a great and timely reminder that we are not struggling alone. God has been and will continue to be faithful to provide for and sustain us. AND! We've got each other for support and help. I felt so encouraged and comforted to the extent that I feel ready for the bad, mean world again. And this time, I will strive and persevere with God's strength. I will no longer be foolish and struggle on my own. God is FaiThFuL!
No comments:
Post a Comment