Sunday, December 11, 2005

I'm in a crappy mood

Crap. I've been really impatient and snappy the whole day. Still have the urge to pull out all my hair. Maybe it's because I haven't exercised the whole week - no outlet for my stress and irritation. Tomorrow.

Had a pretty good 'pre-weekend'. Went bowling with some friends on Thursday and I scored my all-time high!! *grinZ* Forgot that I actually sprained my back a little the previous week (yup, while bowling) until I felt the pain again when I bowled that day. Somehow, the harder I tried to roll a good shot, the worse it is. The first game I played was horrible. In the second, I gave up trying and told myself to roll the ball enough to NOT hurt my back and amazingly, they came out better shots than before! Hmm, does that mean I should stop trying so hard?

Caught a movie with Yoke Ling after work yesterday and yes, eventhough I barely understood a word (it was in mandarin), the subtitles and the little chinese I learnt how to read in university was enough to help me enjoy the movie very much. It was a typical tragic love story that gives you that 'sigh' after watching it. And it's also sort of a musical, so it's got some pretty nice songs in it. Maybe it's the mood of the show that matches mine. Or maybe the challenge of watching a 'deep' show (and one that I don't understand) that made it good. *Shrugs*

After the movie I went to Alexis Ampang with two other friends for some 'Songwriter's Night' thingy. Four people wrote and composed their own songs and presented it to the crowd in the pub. It was ReLatiVeLy quite a 'clean' pub. Not too stuffed up with smoke and noise. I had fun. =) One of the friends I went with also had the opportunity to present a song he wrote. It was entitled 'Toilet Bowl'. Witty and crazy lyrics. But it contained the gospel message.

Amazing how many opportunities we have to share God with others. Amazing how easy it is to tell others about Christ. Amazing how we say we love God and yet are embarassed of Him. Hypocrite is me.

Christmas is coming soon. And yet, at carolling practice today, I felt as if the world owes it to me for being part of the carolling team. I act as though I'm doing God a favour for coming up with an item to present on Christmas day. Where did my joy and enthusiasm of serving God go to? Where did my excitement and celebration of the true Christmas go to?

Maybe that's why I'm feeling so crappy today. I'm sad that I'm near to losing my purpose to serve. I'm rather drained and stretched. And I've still got so many unanswered questions. How?!

No comments: