Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Surely goodness and mercy

I can't contain it anymore! I want to share joy. I'm almost there! The offer is like 90% coming true! And all to the glory of God! Feel like jumping up and down but I have to control myself because I am actually at work now. But I'm estatic! Can't express the extent of my joy and glee.

If I'm not mistaken I finally learned what grace and mercy mean and the difference between the two during my stay in Melbourne. Grace is receiving something that you absolutely do not deserve while mercy is NOT receiving the thing you deserve. And today, I think I am experiencing AGAIN God's grace. The past three to four months as you guys probably can read and sense, had been quite trying for me. There were times of frustration, tiredness, confusion and sometimes just plain meaninglessness. And the worst part of all is in the midst of all the business, I chucked God aside. And only turned to Him when I absolutely needed something. Namely, this offer for instance.

I am not a very bright or intelligent person (I'm really not being modest, =) ) but God has just been blessing me in abundance I can't even begin to say how much. SO mUCH!

Needless to say, I don't deserve this or anything for that matter but thank God for His faithfulness and grace. That although I was unfaithful, He never fails to provide. My God never fails to give me the best and He will not shortchange me. Ever. The past couple of weeks I have been taking comfort and claiming the promises of the verse, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of my Lord forever". And rightly so, for the goodness and mercy of God have never left me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:9

Anonymous said...

congrats

Anonymous said...

congratulations and celebrations !