Yes, I have started working AGAIN but in a totally different company and environment this time. I'm now working with Shell.
So I was there about 8.30am and was made to wait about 40 minutes for the HR lady to attend to me today. I got some forms signed, and realised I don't know my EPF number, account number, income tax number and Socso number. So you newbies who's gonna start working soon, take note! =)
Got my security tag and was brought to my department where I met my line manager. He's a nice chap, friendly and kind. He then gave a call to another guy of whom I am supposed to be RePLaciNG as that guy was going to RETIRE. I thought I was mistaken when he used the word replace. But apparently not. And this dude has been working at these accounts for 10 years!! Stress me, stress me.
Anyway, by the time they got my computer working, it was time to go home. And home I went. But I don't know where to start with my work. My colleagues are really nice people but they're very much less energetic than the colleagues in my previous firm. But I was so excited to hear about how people got transferred around the world all the time, it almost makes up for it. I'm waiting for my turn! Hehe.
That was a brief account of my first day at work. I was excited to get off to a good start. Give a good impression. Make sure I don't make silly mistakes. But hmm, looking at the high expectations, I really don't know how to go about that. Pray for me will you? =)
Work aside, guess I just want to thank God for being so good to me. I know I'm one blessed individual. Sometimes I complain too much. And am too greedy. Sometimes I ask for too much as well. But is that wrong? Even when you're asking within the scope of God's 'rules'?
I should go get some sleep. Gonna be quite another day at work tomorrow. Hope things are ok with all of you. Thanks again for being great friends! Goodnight! =)
3 comments:
shell = petrol only what...not that hard la...
I thought it was only petrol...but apparently not..but I guess need time to pick up the skills and knowledge. =)
buy more petrol from them = you will increase your bonus
Post a Comment