Yup, life is fragile and sometimes it takes someone's death to remind us of the frailty of life. My uncle just passed away yesterday. I'm not all that close to him but I do see him quite regularly during family dinners and meetings.
My uncle doesn't go to church and he has not openly told us that he has accepted Christ. But according to his wife, he personally requested for a Christian funeral and mentioned that he was even baptised before. I pray that he has really believed and accepted the Lord so that his soul will be with Jesus in paradise. Most importantly, I pray that God will grant my grandmother grace and strength to accept his death and come to be saved herself. Pray with me if you can ya?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a happier side of things, I've been spiritually encouraged the last two weeks. My Christian growth since I came back from Melbourne hasn't been much, if any. Work consumed me quite abit and well, I was following God at a distance. Two really great sermons jerked me out of my seat and ignited that urgency and excitement of being close to God again.
Now I'm really quite excited. It's so liberating getting up in the morning and surrendering the day to Him. It's so exciting to read His word again. It's such a great feeling to have that 'passion' for Jesus in my life again. It's awesome to be bold about Jesus, coz He empowers us to do mighty things for Him. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment