Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Of a girl's dreams

Embarassingly enough, I don't think I am a person with much passion. I am a mere optimist but I am emotionless and I can't even identify what I am passionate about. Sad isn't it?

I love travelling. I love boarding flights to head to another destination. I'd always book the window seat so that I can look out of the window when the plane takes off and when the plane lands. I enjoyed my time backpacking in Europe very much. At the back of my head, I've always thought that I'd like to be an air stewardess for a few years. Just enough for me to see the world. For me to experience the rich cultures of people from everywhere.

I hopped from PwC to Shell, with great hope that they would send me overseas. But they're cutting costs at the moment, so I doubt that'll realise for a while. The more I want it, the more I won't seem to get it. Opportunities are always there, but they'll never happen to me.

Now I have an opportunity staring right at me. But with this opportunity comes very expensive opportunity costs - my current job and career, my family, my relationship with Edward, and my reputation. Being the typical, conservative asian that I am, I suppose there's nothing that tells me that I should go, apart from my own little desire/passion to go for it. But like everything else, I suppose I'll live and make do. We have to make the best out of the situation right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

continue to dream dreams!

dreams do come true! you were my dream and it came true :) love love you :)