Monday, March 24, 2008

Step up Young People!

I am reading a book called 'Whose Life is it Anyway?' given to me by a friend. I am only at chapter two, but already, at recent crossroads and junctions, I find that I am already reminding myself to make decisions based on the fact that this life does not belong to me, but to God.

Life has taken a totally different direction since the elections. Truly, we are all capable of change. Truly, we have the power to inspire. Truly, we can make a difference. I was brushing my teeth earlier and I am reminded of how God used 'nobodies' like Moses, Joseph, David, Jacob, etc. to create history. All of us are nobodies, but God is mightily using us for His glory. And it is AWESOME to be a part of His great plan, and not my own.

Since the day the parliament was dissolved, you have no idea how much joy and how glad I am to see Christians step up to volunteer their time, money and comfort to help run Hannah's campaign. But honestly, the Christians that have stepped up are too few. We need more.

Didn't God teach us the parable of the good samaritan? Didn't God teach us to be salt and light of the world? Why do I then see more NON-Christians rise up to fight for justice? Why do I see more Non-Christians rise up to fight against corruption? Why do I see more non-Christians give up their comfort to help the poor? Can I be a lil' bold and ask if the Christians are too busy with things WITHIN the church walls?

Step up young people. Let us live lives that creates history. Don't just sit and complain. Or migrate. Do more than just pray. If I can make a difference, and if God can use me, He will definitely be able to use you too. Get out from that 'comfortable' boat you're in. Learn to walk in faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are the best! i support you!