Friday, April 09, 2010

Writing this from Taipei Airport

My three week holiday is coming to an end. I'm less than 7hours away from home. It has been a tremendous experience in the United States. Some good some bad. Lots of things to see, learn and reflect upon. To be honest, it has really been my childhood dream to go to the States. I've always thought that if I ever get a chance to go, it will be a holiday that will be so good, I will be totally awestruck and feel like I have reached a point where I'll just stand amazed.

I guess the dreams of that naive little girl has come to pass and I must be completely honest that it didn't meet my expectations. The only moments I was actually awestruck was:
1) In Disneyland while watching the fireworks holding Ed's hands
2) when we were looking at the grandeur of the Grand Canyon. But I must say that staring at the sunrise at Mount KinaBalu was even more overwhelming and majestic
3) while watching Wicked on Broadway
4) when I caught sight of the Golden Gate Bridge and walk from end to end.

I'll say that The Statue of LIberty, Empire State Building, White House, Universal Studios, Walk of Fame, etc etc is overrated. And having travelled to Europe, England and Australia, I'd say that Americans (particularly in New York) are relatively arrogant and rude. Nothing like the Aussies at all.

I can't tell if it's the age or the fact that I'm married and totally attached to Ed but travelling alone is not something I will do anymore unless necessary. Ed's now still in the States on his program and it's so hard to be away from him. I can't imagine those people doing long distance relationships. Must be crazy tough.

Anyway I think I'll sign off for now to check into my next flight to go home. I am looking forward to get home. I know for sure now that giving up the SIA stewardess offer was absolutely the right decision. :)

No comments: