Christmas Day is in about 8 minutes time. Some fireworks just went off outside my window. Yesterday was my last day at work for 2010. And yet, for some reason, I am feeling down. And even a little sadistic. Then I read a friend's note on Grace.
It suddenly struck me that it is not just Christmas Day tomorrow. It is much more than just a day. It is a true historical event that changed the course of the entire human race. So significant that it is a day that is marked in every calendar to be remembered.
It was the day that God became man. A man who so loved each one of us that He was willing to give up His own life to save our souls. Our condemned, wasted souls. Media and marketing have shifted so much of our focus to all sorts of presents and gifts that so many have forgotten the REAL GIFT of them all. I am ashamed to admit that I am one of them.
No wonder we should all open our presents on boxing day. Coz on Christmas Day, the only Gift we should be receiving is the gift of love, grace, hope and reconciliation from our beloved, most precious Lord Jesus Christ.
I wish that you will have the most blessed Christmas. One where you will embrace and receive the real joy, the perfect grace, and unconditional love that Christ Jesus gives.
No comments:
Post a Comment