Sunday, November 13, 2005

Be careful!

It was a pretty full on weekend. Played badminton yesterday morning with some new friends I made at camp. Had music practice in the late afternoon and later, met up with my friend who is leaving for Melbourne soon. We had dinner at Chiles. Man, they serve huge portions!

Came home after dinner and was determined to study. Yah well, it lasted till I got interupted by a phone call by one of my best friends who is studying in Germany. We may not talk everyday, or write everyday, heck, we only see each other once a year, or twice if things go well. Yet, after every conversation with her, or the other two (you know who you are, ;) ), I thank God so much for friends. Not buttering you guys up, you all don't need the extra fats, with the exception of Pheebs of course. Hee.

A thought's been on my mind the past week or so. It's funny how some things people say can affect you. Sometimes jokingly, sometimes not. But what if the jokes from say, five different individuals seem to imply the same thing? Does that mean it might be a true statement but merely made in a 'laughing manner'? Or a subtle hint to suggest something that might hurt but is true? Or maybe even an indication of what they ReaLLY think of you? Ouch! Naw, I think I prefer to contribute it to pure coincidence. But yah, I guess the lesson learnt: be careful who we call an idiot! ;)

Today's a hot Sunday afternoon. A rather lazy one too. Church was pretty good although the turnout today was quite small. Maybe everyone went for holidays as the kiddos are on their school break now. How fun. Wish I could go back to those carefree days. All you have to worry about is that you've brought enough pocket money to buy your favourite ice-cream from the ice-cream man, or that packet of Mamee from the 'roti-man'. Hee. Yes, my love for eating started when I was young. Too young.

No comments: