Monday, November 14, 2005

Thankful.

I've always got lots to say when I'm in a situation but when I finally get a chance to sit in front of my computer to blog, the thoughts fly out of the window.

It was a pretty good 'reunion' yesterday evening at kiara hill with some of the I-Bridge campers. And a good time of catching up with a fellow friend over dinner. Talked about life back in university a fair bit and yes, it's true, life in university was the absolutely the best!

But it is also true that life goes on. And the next phase is work. Read in the papers recently that the unemployment rate is very high for some strange reason. They claim that graduates nowadays are merely book smart and lacking in communication skills. Call me a sadist but sometimes the 'sad' news are the very news that makes me thankful and grateful for the things I have.

For one, I have a stable job, one that gives me enough to survive. And all through my life, I was given all that I need, and lots of things that I want. I'm so tremendously blessed that I have absolutely NO excuse to complain about anything. Thank you Lord.

Over the past week, quite a number of friends have asked why I seem to be so happy all the time. Honestly, I'm not sure as well. Maybe I just like to look at things optimistically regardless of how unrealistic it actually is. And I guess I'm also the kind of person who doesn't like to make people squirm in their seats and feel uneasy eventhough I'm having a bad day. So either I sulk alone somewhere, or I'll just find my selected good ol' buddies to throw my tantrum to.

Or the easiest answer to why I'm so happy may be that I'm really simplistic. And I just could not be bothered about worrying about things I can't change anyway. Having said that, I am still normal and I still have my moments of madness, panic, fear, anxiety and adrenaline rush. And yes, I think too. =P

I wonder how life is like being you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you take time out to reflect on your own life. I've gone through so many stages in life since graduation. Changed jobs more than I can count in one hand. Really God's grace that I keep getting jobs despite the not so robust economic situation in Ipoh. Anyways, simple living and contentment are the keys to living a happier life. So keep up that attitude and continue to shine your happiness for all to see. Btw, my england also not powderful one. hehe!