The speaker in church today spoke about labels. "Labels are what you use to identify your luggage when you travel," he said. Yet we use labels on people as well. Disabled being one of them. Rich as another. Poor, fat, thin, smart, not-so-smart, tall, short, and the list goes on.
True enough, in this world, we see all sorts of people. And I really mean ALL sorts. Occasionally, we'll meet some really interesting and inspiring people. Sometimes, some stingy pokes. At other times, really generous chaps. Oh, and we'll meet some freaks who does the weirdest things too. We're also bound to bump into people we're really fond of, people we're attracted to, people who make us laugh and definitely people who irritate the heck out of us!
Yet all these people are the very people who make life interesting. I haven't got a point to this actually. But just hearing the speaker today made me realise how easily we judge people and 'label' them. Some fairly and some unfairly. And it's interesting to see how we deal with these unique differences of each individual.
What does God have to say about this? After all, He's the one who made us different and who we are. Can't say I know THE answer. But I do know that God has called us to LOvE one another despite our differences. And loving another goes beyond that warm, fuzzy feeling we see in the movies, but it means 'to act in the best interest of the other party, even if it means going out of our way'. Who and how many people are we willing to 'go out of OUR way' for?
What in the world am I saying?! I have no idea. I'm trying to sound profound (hah) but I think I'm not doing very well. So yar, maybe it's a good idea that I stop attempting. But maybe it's something to think about. Who are we labelling what and how do we deal with them?
No comments:
Post a Comment