Friday, December 16, 2005

Narnia!

It's 12.25am. I've got to wake up bout 7.30am tomorrow to get to work. Yet I have to blog this out before I lose my excitement!

Went to watch Narnia today with some of the I-Bridgers. Company was good but the show was better. Cinema could have been better though. Hehe.

But yes, commendable show with an even more commendable story line. Just yesterday, two colleagues were talking about the movie. One pointed out that she heard it's got some Christian elements in it. I was the only Christian in that room of 7 people. I have not watched it, and I have completely forgotten everything I have read in the book many years ago. So I couldn't say much about it. Good thing a friend passed me a tract explaining the link between the show and the gospel. I brought it to work today to let my colleague read it.

I have learned that some non-Christians have absolutely no clue what Christianity is all about. To them, it's just another religion. And here, by just discussing a movie, is a perfect opportunity to tell them what my faith is about! Please gimme the guts to do it though.

But apart from a good opportunity, I think the show reminded me of the great sacrifice God has made for us. We are all an 'Edmund'. We don't ever listen and obey our God who loves us so much. We are all arrogant snobs (at least I am) who just want our 'Turkish Delights' to satisfy our own selfish selves. And yet, our Father in heaven, who IS the great king of heaven and earth, who has done no wrong, loves us to the extent that he would die and be punished in our place. And the story depicted well the immense shame THE King had to go through for our sakes.

It sure didn't seem like Edmund was worth dying for, did it? But thank God He did. Otherwise we're all hopeless by now. We would be stuck with the White Witch and stay in 'winter' forever. Heaven and hell is a reality. God and satan is too. We can't sit on a fence. It's got to be one or the other. Pick the right king!

On a different note, work's picking up and I feel less useless now. God is slowly but surely teaching me to persevere and be patient in all things. Anyway, it's getting really late. Just wanted to talk about the movie abit before I forget the details. Goodnight now then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear Sandra, its a cool show alright :)

Where u got those tracs . me want some too. did i spell tracs correctly?

ed