Sunday, July 22, 2007

Roller Coasters

Remember how Forrest Gump quoted that 'Life is a like a box of Chocolates....'? I reckon that emotions are really roller coasters. Sometimes high and up there, sometimes low and down under. And as people get older, they tend to take less risks and thus, usually stay at the stable, 'down-under' state.

I really feel myself growing older each time I worry. Not sure if worrying is causing me to age, or is aging causing me to worry. Chicken and egg story. No wonder we like our university life so much. So carefree with so little to worry about. It's not the country that I was in, it was that phase of life that gave me that freedom from anxiety.

I wouldn't say I am OLD, I'm NOT!, but why is there the extra weight and burden on my shoulders? There was an article in the Star newspapers today where this lady commended two other ladies on being able to find their passion and love in baking where they were able to bake all the way up to the mouths of some royalty, or was it the Prime Minister's wife? Hey, I love cooking and baking too. Not that I excel in it. But yar, my point is it's true that many struggle to find and live out their passion and love.

I miss my holiday and my friends. I used to remember my friends' birthdays and write them a card at the very least even if I don't give them a present. But man, these days, we merely resort to eating. Or just a sms. Not that eating's no good. But eating alone is does not give the kind of encouragement and love that should be supplemented with a nice thought or present. What can I say, I'm a girl after all!

Ok enough nonsense, will start on my assignment now.

No comments: