I'm really procrastinating. I have got major studying to do but I have not even opened the book. It usually takes me 3-4 days to get to my first page. Boy I am in trouble.
I suddenly feel like baking. I love baking for others to eat. I mean no point me making a cheesecake only for my own stomach right? I like cooking too. Yeap, suddenly feeling domesticated.
My first attempt at barley last Saturday almost left me traumatised. I mean, how difficult can boiling barley be?! Before I could control it, everything started spilling out of the rice cooker onto the table top. I was begging the pot to stop vomitting out my precious barley, 'fu-chok' and meticulously-peeled gingko. It worked for a few minutes - long enough for me to wipe up the mess before it decided to boil excitedly and splurt out of the pot again.
I never knew boiling barley could be such a demoralising experience. Good thing there was enough water in the pot to give room to such mishaps. I figured the person I boiled it for would drink what I have boiled without complaining so I turned off the switch and decided to call my mother to salvage whatever that was left in the pot. Turned out, she didn't have to do much. All she had to do was add another cube of sugar, and wala, barley! *pat on the back* =)
Guess I'll get better with more practice. I'll try baking cookies next.
1 comment:
lovely people do lovely things!
Post a Comment