Monday, August 27, 2007

good conversations

Yes, I finally met up with Yoke Ling and Mabel, at different times over the last two days. And we had really good conversations that encouraged me and reminded me of the blessed and awesome friendships I have. We talked about a number of things, from school days to our outlook for the future. And I come home feeling appreciative of the simplicity and beauty of our friendship.

Perhaps it was a passing comment from Yoke Ling but I hope it's partially true. She said she sees a change in me and "is so proud of me". Haha, Edward has a huge role to play in that change. Who'd think I would have anything to say about the country and its current state? Who'd think that it matters to me whether students migrate overseas or not? Who'd think that I would sign up to vote and encourage others to do so as well? I didn't! But I do! =)

Phoebe's coming back sometime next week and I'm really excited. Haven't seen her for 1.5 years now. I'm sure that we'll be having good chats as well. We have so much to talk about and catch up on!

It's been a great weekend; good conversations with close friends and affirmations of some other emotions and feelings in my heart. There's no one else. Physically, I received a bouquet of flowers and a 18k white-gold bracelet for my birthday but it means much more than that to me. You need to be me to know what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it won't work so i won't apply