I had my doubts of telling the ppl around me especially my colleagues that I am getting married as I feared that they wouldn't understand or form some weird perception of me. In a culture where the word marriage usually surfaces after 27, I was afraid that it would come as a culture shock to them.
But like how I have resoluted, I will not let the world nor the ppl around me define the best age to get married. I will not let the world tell and define the criterias to get married. Asians tend to think that you can't get married if you don't own a house or a car or enough money to get married. Get real. I scorn at that thought.
So anyway, I'm really excited and the little diamond on my finger is such a joy to me. I've been wanting to take a photograph of it but my camera can't really take a clear picture of it up close. Maybe next time. But here are some pictures on the day he proposed...
It's only been the start of the preparation for the wedding. I am already starting to sense some frustrations creeping in as there are lots of things to consider - budget, type of wedding, venue, family, culture, traditions, dates, availability of important people (bridesmaids, groomsmen, family members, friends from Aus, etc.etc) and so much more.
But all these I should consider less important than my preparation for a marriage. As much as we love each other, I believe there are many other aspects of marriage that we would need to prepare ourselves for. Do pray with and for us as we journey on this phase of our lives; as we seek God's continual guidance and lead in this relationship of ours. =)
Did I mention how awesome it feels to be loved and to love? It does. And thank God for prayer answered! =)
6 comments:
congratulations! :) I am thrilled and happy for the both of you! very glad!
And it's true that life is all about preparation and making choices, it's encouraging to know that you made choices that puts God first and that becomes an example for many including myself.
So as the both of you begin a new and a very interesting chapter of your life, continue to pour out your love and friend to those around you.
Thank you Sandra, kanasai lah u...tell me so late >_< Hai.. :)
ooh! wat sweet photos! so happy tat u've met the ONE who loves u n whom u love. praying tat ur journey together will be one of growth in love and honour of each other n of Him who made us n saved us in His grace and mercy.
n yup, while the wedding only lasts a day, marriage is for a lifetime, so the preparation should definitely be much much more!
love u always!
jules
p/s not to be 'cultural', but why r u wearing the ring on your third finger? =p
wow jules! you've got amazing eyesight! how did you see where the ring was? ehhe..when are you coming back? i need help! ehhe.
miss ya!
hahaha.. must see ze infamous sign-you're-engaged-ring mahhh... i assumed the ring was probably too small for your fourth finger ;p no matter no matter, your wedding bands can probably be tailored to suit ur hands.
miss ya heaps too! but this petrol price rising is affecting the airline industry too! so much so i think the wisest choice is to come back just once in feb-march, hopefully catch a bit of CNY and your wedding! (any chance u'll push it earlier by a week?) heheh, m trying to get 1.5 months off, but not sure if sup will approve
oh, i meant the ring was prob too LARGE for your finger hahaha..
Post a Comment