Questions, I have many. Answers I have none.
Who has? Do you?
I’ve asked, I’ve prayed, I’ve seeked wise counsel.
Yet, nothing, I hear no answer.
Have you ever felt your heart being held at two ends,
Being squeezed and twisted?
Why is God silent? Am I not listening hard enough?
Yes, perhaps so. I haven’t read His word, I haven’t prayed enough.
Why is life so complicated? Why are there risks?
Why do we have to bear the consequences of things we do?
Or worse, why do we have to bear the consequences of things we DIDN’T do?
I wish I knew.
Why do we have to try so hard?
Why are we afraid to fall? To fail? Can’t we just get up and move on?
Why do good things seem so wrong?
Why do I seem to be making all the wrong choices and decisions?
I never believed that God will deprive us of good things.
I never doubted His love and His desire to give us all that we need.
I still don’t.
But the way He moulds us can be really tough. And painful.
But indeed, He is sovereign,
And above all the ways of men.
Eventhough I cannot comprehend,
I will trust. And I will strive to obey.
5 comments:
Hi ms Chan. Keep the faith. You are right. Got is in control of your circumstances. Continue to trust in Him who is able to give you strength and peace.
Congrates on passing your exams too! =) Take care ya!
waaaaaaaaaa
hi misss sandra david chan.
that was psalm 151 ..
u just wrote it!!!
ed
Prayer by an Unknown Confederate Soldier
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for - but everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among men, most richly blessed.
Thanks you all..for the encouragements. And that 'prayer' is awesome! I am truly blessed by all of you. Truly. =)
i got that "prayer" from my friend's blog who in turn got it from this book called "The Seven Season's of a Man's Life". Highly recommended (by him).
I haven't read it yet.
Hope things get better on your side, as it has on mine!!
-ed-
Post a Comment