Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A-MAAAAAYYYY-ZZIIINNNGGGGGGGG!

While waiting for my husband to come back and head out for dinner, thought that I'd blog down some of my experiences here in the United States. Currently I am in Washington DC. Weather is cold, with wind and occasional rain. A vast difference from LA. It was hot and sunny in LA.

In LA we did lots of theme parks - Disneyland, Disneyland California Park (yup, 2 different parks) and the Universal Studios. Although I enjoyed them thoroughly, (it has been my childhood dream to go to the Disneyland in the US) Ed and I have decided that we have had enough of theme parks for the next few years. =) But oooHhhhhhhhh, I must announce to the world that I managed to take a pic with EEEEeeeeeeeeyoooRrreeeeeee. So happy!!! Will post up pictures later.

Over here in Washington DC, it reminds me of Europe somewhat. The buildings looks really classic and to a no-architectural-sense-person like me, it looks really historical, oldish and nice. Though not as much carvings or sculptures like those in Europe, they stand out to me somehow. I do like DC very much. Feels much cleaner, and safer? than LA. Policemen are everywhere especially near the White House.


While walking around today, the policemen stopped all traffic at this one junction. This was just next to the White House. Even the pedestrians are not allowed to cross any roads. So we all stood there in hope of catching a glimpse of President Obama, and I might be lying to myself, but I thought I saw a head-shape that looks exactly like Obama! hehe. Check out my pic below if you don't believe me. Haha. He's in there, I'm telling you!


So anyway, I was walking the whole day in the cold for like 6 hours straight and I think seeing the US Capitol made it all worth it. The White House was quite a let down, but the US Capitol stood so grand and majestically there.


US is filled with so much history, culture and technology that they have so many museums and galleries that it would take me a day to go through one of them thoroughly. I think Washington DC is a must-go for anyone coming over to the US, unless you're 10 years old or less. =)

It's been a pretty a-may-zing time over here and as much as I miss home, it's really one experience and time that I am so grateful to God for. This one's been such a gift and blessing from Him. =)

No comments: